Re: [elpa] master 9173a44 1/2: [Fix #12] Don't autodisable beacon on hl-

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 9173a44 1/2: [Fix #12] Don't autodisable beacon on hl-line-mode
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:40:54 +0300

> From: Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:00:50 -0400
> Cc: Artur Malabarba <address@hidden>,
>       emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> "Over time, I have set a considerable number of faces. Some of the
> time, I re-set them using customize; other times, I simply edit the
> custom-set-faces expression in my.emacs file itself."
>
> "I myself use customize for hardly anything. Mostly, I write
> expressions myself."
>
> Who is that "I"?

The original author of that manual, Robert J. Chassell.  This text was
there since before the Introduction was added to the Emacs repository.

> I think all that personal opinion text should be removed. Correct?

I'm not sure.  The whole manual is written in that style, so doing
that would mean completely changing its spirit.  Do we really want
that?  What exactly is wrong with that style, in an introductory text
that is meant to take the reader by the hand and lead him/her through
the magic of Emacs Lisp?