Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:51:39 -0500

> The patch is large I suppose. It mostly affects the redisplay system.

It's unfortunate that that is currently one of our most complex subsystems,
where we've had the greatest difficulty finding other contributors. I'd like
to know Eli's opinion on this especially, since he is actively maintaining
that code.

> I have maintained it in its own branch for a couple of years. I can continue
> doing that in master, or in its own branch indefinitely.

I'm personally inclined to not want this feature, unless there is a great deal
of desire for it from others; so I'll wait for them chime in.

I hate to say no given how much effort you've put into it, but there needs to
be enough value to offset the additional technical debt we'd be accruing.

John