Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 12:06:13 +0100

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Phillip Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

> Some one suggested to
> but tests of C core ~test/automated/src~ which sounded good. But
> thinking about it, it probably makes more sense to leave this for C
> level testing framework. So now we have
>
> test/automated/lisp
> test/automated/lisp/emacs-lisp
> test/automated/lisp/progmodes (and so on....)
> test/automated/lisp/c (lisp tests for the C core)

This breaks the symmetry between our source layout and the test layout. And, of course, if we some day add a C testing framework there's no reason why lisp tests and C tests cannot share test/automated/c.

In fact, it seems to me like a nice property that if we have both C and elisp tests for, say, keymap.c, then keymap-tests.c and keymap-tests.el are in close proximity.