Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 01:24:13 +0000

On 10 Nov 2015 1:05 am, "John Wiegley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> - use-package is for configuration only. The stuff you'd already write in
>   init.el, only more declaratively.

Ok, that's what I thought. Like I said, I'm in favour.

I suggest renaming it to something that starts with `package-' (package-config perhaps). But it's just a suggestion.

I notice it has two dependencies that are not in core though, which would have to be shed.

If it gets added, I'll probably have a look at its internals and ask your permission to make some changes where there might be redundancy with package.el internals.