Re: Release process (was Re: Move to a cadence release model?)

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Release process (was Re: Move to a cadence release model?)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:24:59 -0800

> Which is precisely why we have a feature freeze phase; it enforces this
> desire.

> I know I would be _very_ tempted to ignore the release branch, to keep
> working on my latest Cool Feature instead.

> If I know I have to wait for a release before I can merge to master again,
> I'll work on the release as much as I can.

Yeah, that's a valid management question. Either way, I can't stop anyone from
ignoring the release branch and working on their feature branch.

Also, if the release branch doesn't close its bugs and reach stability, it
will delay the next release (when your master changes reach the world), so
that is some incentive, yes?

John