Re: 4K Bugs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 21:52:57 -0500

  > Bug reports have value.  Some more than others, of course.  :-)  If they
  > present a reproducible bug, then it seems odd to close the report.  If,
  > on the other hand, they are not reproducible, or they require more data
  > from the user for us to proceed with debugging (and that data doesn't
  > arrive within a certain period (for the Emacs bug tracker, that period
  > is "some years", apparently), then they should be closed, because we
  > can't proceed in any meaningful sense.

I agree -- but is there a way to distinguish the bug reports we close
for lack of information, from those that are closed for other reasons?

When we close bug reports because we did not get the further
information necessary to fix them, I'd say those bug reports have been
"abandoned".

Can we make a way for debbugs to distinguish abandoned bug reports?

--
Dr Richard Stallman