Re: 4K Bugs

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:57:49 +0000

>>  - The two shortest commands are debbugs-org and debbugs-gnu. The former
>>    lists all the bugs for Org-Mode, and the latter Emacs. Why
>>    debbugs-gnu and not debbugs-emacs? I don't know.
>
> Good question.  debbugs-emacs would be a more logical name for the
> command.
>
>>  - debbugs-gnu list bugs from number 158 and upward; the entire first
>>    500 is about emacs 23 pre-releases. If I want to get the latest bugs,
>>    they are on page 5.
>
> This has been fixed in the git version of debbugs.  It loads all the
> bugs.

Can you switch the sort order around, by default?

>>  - Bugs marked as "done" and "unreproducible" are displayed by default.
>
> Yeah, done bugs should probably be hidden by default.  I don't know
> about unreproducible...
>
>>  - On none of the debbugs pages are there any obvious menu items or
>>    bug-related functionality.
>
> I don't quite follow.  Debbugs pages?

Sorry, the buffer you get when you type "debbugs-gnu".

>>  - I found out about hitting "C" to send a control message. Configuring
>>    this to "mail client" and up pops thunderbird, although I am a Gnus
>>    user.
>
> That sounds like a bug.  `C' just uses the normal Emacs method for
> sending email.  Have you configured Emacs to use Thunderbird to send
> emails?

No. C is asking me how I want to send the mail. I would be expecting it
just to be use message-mode and my normal config.

No worries if this is not the expected behaviour, I will debug it and
see what is happening.

Phil