Re: tags-loop-continue

From: Ingo Lohmar
Subject: Re: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:26:30 +0100

On Sun, Jan 10 2016 17:35 (+0300), Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> They could be used, but apparently not in conjunction with
> tags-loop-continue.
>
> Just how much time has passed since we've given the tags-loop-continue's
> binding to xref-pop-marker-stack before this question has come up?
>
> And we're not talking about it because a user complained. We're
> discussing it because we've been reminded of it while updating the
> documentation.

Speaking for my case, I've not noticed the change simply because I have
rebound all tags/xref keys (the default bindings never made much sense
to me).

There might be a strong overlap between a) the people who use this (very
useful but also) kind of advanced and not quite obvious feature, and the
people who rebind keys explicitly (and therefore would not notice a
default binding change).