Re: Character folding in the pretest

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Character folding in the pretest
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 21:05:49 -0200

>> > It would make sense to have the default based on the session's locale,

>> Character equivalence is based on the language(s) of whatever is in your
>> buffer,

> That is really where the design effort should be, at this point.
> We have a basic char-folding mechanism, but we do not yet provide
> an easy way for a user to customize the behavior, let alone to
> define/get the various behaviors that s?he might want in different
> contexts.

FTR, like I've said a couple of times already, I will invest more time
into making this customizable once I've seen how it's received.

Also (and this I haven't said yet) I do plan on providing a better
default depending on locale. When the time comes to actually implement
it I'll explain why I prefer locale (over some notion of buffer-local
language).