Re: Future role of ELPA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Future role of ELPA
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:00:08 -0500

I looked at https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/debian-emacs-policy.
It involves substantial changes which we don't have a reason to make.

I don't mind that Debian makes these changes for its Emacs packages,
but we don't have to do it when we package the development Emacs.

If you build Emacs from source, on Debian, does that cause conflicts
with Debian's Emacs patches?  If not, then there won't be a conflict
if we package Emacs as it stands.

--
Dr Richard Stallman