Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:53:31 +0100

On Mon, Feb 29 2016, John Wiegley wrote:
> I agree with Daniel. cl-lib.el is an Emacs Lisp library that makes certain
> Common Lisp work-alikes available. It doesn't need to be restricted to *only*
> providing functions also in Common Lisp.

Perhaps I shouldn't be butting in, being only a modest package
maintainer, but I that doesn't make sense to me. To me, `cl' is so
obviously an abbreviation for Common Lisp that I would automatically
expect any function (macro, etc.) prefixed with `cl-' to be a
Common-Lisp emulation function. The fact that some of them aren't is
quite confusing and makes me wonder by what criterion a function or
macro is included in (or excluded from) cl-lib.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments