Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 23:06:43 -0800

Daniel wrote:

> I think cl-lib has long ago stopped being an emulation of common lisp. Now,
> it's a CL-*inspired* utility library. I doubt that there's a risk of real
> harmful confusion between this library and actual Common Lisp.

I agree with Daniel. cl-lib.el is an Emacs Lisp library that makes certain
Common Lisp work-alikes available. It doesn't need to be restricted to *only*
providing functions also in Common Lisp. As long as what's in there has a cl-
prefix, it is in the right place unless it clearly does not belong there. If
you don't like the non-CL functions, don't use them.