Re: why was iso-acc.el removed from master?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: why was iso-acc.el removed from master?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:29:42 -0800

> I just run a git pull, and saw that iso-acc.el got removed.

> Why is this feature removed?

Hi Uwe,

We had a lengthy discussion on this list about when to deprecate modules, and
when to remove old ones, so that we can cease maintaining them, and close out
any bugs pertaining to them.

At the time, no one cried out for iso-acc.el to be kept.

My preferred method for restoring this behavior now would be for you to become
its maintainer in the form of a GNU ELPA package. Or, if you have an argument
as to why it should not be deleted from Emacs -- aside from the fact that you
yourself rely on it -- please let me know.