Re: Making better use of the "release blocking list" [was: bug#23288: 25

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Making better use of the "release blocking list" [was: bug#23288: 25.0.92; Clicking on links inserts primary X selection]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:43:40 -0700

On 05/12/2016 10:21 AM, John Wiegley wrote:
I only introduced a date to focus our decision making around 25.1, and since
this is what I'm used to doing to ship software.

HOWEVER, if having a date is stressful or unpleasant for those doing the work,
we can get rid of it.

The date is arbitrary and should not be driving development. That being said, the list of blocking bugs is too long: currently 28 entries, and they are largely nontrivial. The list needs to be whittled down.

I don't mind if Emacs 25 takes another year to happen

I would mind. Two years between releases is too long. This isn't gzip we're talking about.