Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:04:46 -0400

You've done a good job of explaining a part of the problem.  I think
that is a consequence of a bigger point: that various facilities are
presented as _part of_ Org mode.

Maybe some of these facilities could actually work without using Org
mode as such.  But it is inconvenient that they are _presented_ as
part of Org mode.

It appears that some of these facilities can't work at all apart from
Org mode.

Now, imagine that instead of Org mode we had a library of common
commands for structure editing modes.  They might perhaps be the same
commands that Org mode has now.  But suppose this were something for
various modes to use -- just as various read-only modes use SPC and
DEL for scrolling, but more so.  That could have the same useful
similarities, without the drawback.

--
Dr Richard Stallman