Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:26:28 +0900

>>> If you turn the wheel one click, does text scroll by 5 lines or by
>>> more?  I get exactly 5 lines, which looks to me a much better default
>>> than have it scroll by just one line.
>>
>> In my environment with defaults, turning the wheel one click scrolls
>> 75 lines.
>
> Did you customize your system's mouse speed?  It sounds strange that a
> single click scrolls 15 lines by default.  Is that what happens with
> other applications?

On my system `acceleration' is set to middle.  Wheel one click scrolls
1 line on Firefox and 75 lines on Emacs.

With `acceleration’ none, wheel one click scrolls 1 line on Firefox
and 5 lines on Emacs.  On this condition, because of lack of acceleration
scroll gets too slow on other applications.

I think argument is if Emacs assumes acceleration by system.