Re: Advice needed on modeline customization hack...

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Advice needed on modeline customization hack...
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:07:40 -0400

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:34:25 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> The entry should be preceded by "+++", to indicate that the manuals
> were updated.

I vaguely remember that convention but I couldn't find it documented
so I wasn't quite sure what "preceded" meant. I've put +++ in a
leading location (just after the *s) in the attached. I also moved the
customization variable to bindings.el, adjacent to where it is used,
as you suggested. I've left the variable name alone as neither of us
has a better idea.

Let me know if there are any more changes you would like here. I
don't have direct commit access but I do have a copyright assignment
at FSF so feel free to commit to master if you are happy with this.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden