Re: VC menu ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 11:15:41 -0400

> It's trivial *a posteriori* to provide "obvious" solutions, except that if
> such solutions were really obvious, there would not be a problem in the
> first place.  Discoverability is a solution when you know what you are
> looking for.  Otherwise it's "exploration" and it's a totally
> different thing.

The problem is simply that the menu-bar tends to be already very
crowded.  This obviously depends also on the width of your frames as
well as the ratio between the font-size used in the menu compared to
that of the text area.

I removed the "Buffers" menu in my config a very long time ago, since
otherwise many/most frames end up with a menu-bar that doesn't fit.

        Stefan