Re: i18n/l10n summary

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: i18n/l10n summary
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:55:13 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 01:48:24 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On a side note, I don't see how my French translation can be brought into
> master since we don't have a
> location for translated texi file sets... For that we'd need to have a
> doc/en/... doc/fr/... structure, which does
> not exist at the moment... But I guess that's something we'll discuss when we
> have things to add there...

We can discuss this later, indeed, but up front I don't see why we'd
need a separate directory, since I think the file name(s) will need to
be different anyway.  Texinfo doesn't gracefully handle different
manuals that go under the same name, it wasn't designed to solve that
problem.  So it's best to avoid the issue to begin with, and have,
say, emacs-fr.info, emacs-jp.info, etc.