Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 23:13:27 +0100

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 01:50:38PM -0700, Bob Halley wrote:
> The color table it is loading appears to be stored in
> ~/Library/Colors/Emacs.clr. There is no difference between the file
> that I had there before any of this happened and the file it writes
> when I force it to run the "rebuild it from the rgb.txt" path. (I
> checked this by restoring from a backup.) If I start an unhacked
> Emacs and ~/Library/Colors/Emacs.clr does not exist, then Emacs
> launches correctly with proper colors. It also recreates the file.
> Subsequent starts of Emacs always result in the broken colors.

Hi Bob, is there anything else in ~/Library/Colors? From the looks of
the code in ns_get_color Emacs searches *all* colour lists for any
that contain the name it’s looking for, not just Emacs.clr. Maybe
there’s a corrupt one that’s causing the search to fail early?

I can’t think of anything else. From the documentation it doesn’t look
like anything has changed, but perhaps Apple just aren’t listing High
Sierra changes yet...?
--
Alan Third