Re: Face to face

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Face to face
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:09:58 +0000

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:06 AM John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:
This evening I had the most enjoyable privilege of being able to spend time
with Stefan Monnier at a tavern in Oxford, UK. It made us both realize how
valuable it is to interact with people in person; it changes how we read what
they write online, and what we think they're thinking when they write it.

+1

During our many conversations, we thought: what if we had an Emacs Developer's
Meetup, for people to come together from emacs-devel, so that many of us --
who have been corresponding about Emacs for years -- could get to know these
people who have been a part of our lives for so long?

Where could such a meeting happen? When? Could we get Richard and Eli and some
of the other past maintainers to join us?

That's the biggest question.. "Where?" We have amazing contributors from all over the world. Probably has to be at a major airport hub for relatively cheaper flight tickets. May be the location keeps on rotating around the world where there are higher concentrations of Emacs developers/contributors.

I look forward to these meetups starting, and hopefully I can afford time and money-wise to attend one of those :)
--

Kaushal Modi