Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:27:45 +0100

Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to locate a Zotero csl file that produces parenthetical
> style -- Author (Date) -- for citations[1].  The primer[2] uses the
> term "in-text" to refer to what this mailing list has been designating
> as "parenthetical" style.

Author-date a la biblatex have two primary calls: \texcite, e.g.  A (YYYY)
and \parencite, e.g. (A YYYY).  You can also cite just the author or just
the year.

Based on this¹ discussion, I'm not sure CSL supports both within a single
style file.  Perhaps several CSL files could be combined to support this
workflow, e.g. via citeproc-java's command line program.

> I want to see an "off-the-shelf" csl style file, that uses
> parenthetical style.

Maybe this:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/chicago-author-date.csl

—Rasmus