Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Some bugs and feature requests

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:09:09 -0700

Hello,

Angus Lees <address@hidden> writes:
> At Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:00:08 -0400, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>> (3) An alist of associated programs and file extensions to open file
>>     links would be nice. Maybe we can just use mailcap entries?
>
> This sounds like `auto-mode-alist' (and related hooks) and isn't
> something planner should involve itself with (IMO).
>
> Particularly since planner already has an easily-extended url handling
> mechanism for the cases when `find-file' isn't good enough.

emacs-wiki (and planner) call browse-url if the link is not a "wiki-link".

So, for me at least, a link like [[file:/Users/jklymak/test.pdf]]
opens Acrobat auto-magically.  The "alist" is whatever your browsers'
alist is.  As Angus says, planner shouldn't have to handle this.

Cheers,

Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/