Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests

From: Charles Phlip Chan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:27:22 -0400

On 20 Apr 2004, address@hidden wrote:

>> (1) Planner-cyclic is incompatable with both planner-notes-index
>> and bbdb-anniversary.  Here is the output for bbdb-anniversary-
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>> regexp-quote(nil) planner-find-task(nil)
>> planner-cyclic-create-task-maybe("2004.04.20" "Birthday: Philip
>> Chan
> (74th)")
>> #[(task-string) "    .0 Pro.
>
> Are you using a planner-cyclic-diary-file that contains non-tasks?

No. The("2004.04.20" "Birthday: Philip Chan(74th)") entry is actually
From bbdb-anniversary trying to insert it into the diary buffer. It
works fine if I don't load planner-cyclic. The same thing for
planner-notes-index-* and planner-cyclic.

If I don't load bbdb-anniversary and/or planner-notes-index, then
planner-cyclic works fine.

> * committed address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-42
> Bugfix: return t all the time in browse-url functions

Works fine. Thanks.

> * committed address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-43
> Obey command passed to planner-find-file

Works fine. You are quick as usual.

> Format them as you would normal emacs-wiki sections by using |
> between columns.

Will try that and report back.

> Ahhh. Might be a good idea to associate your notes with plan pages.
> That's essentially what the topics were for.

I do that already.

> If you want multiple categories, you could use the keyword-matching
> of M-x planner-search-notes . It's a lot more flexible.

I use that already and it is a nice feature. Sometimes though I want
to see the complete notes of a topic in a buffer and to print
it. Also, if we have proper topic support then we can use
auto-conplete.

> As I don't use bibl a lot, could you tell me what it would be like?

Sometime like planner-bbdb where it will search for records. You see I
am trying to do most of my tasks in Emacs so I can take advantage of
planner-mode. I am presently searching for a mode for more structured
data. Since edb is unmaintained and I only need text fields at this
point, I choose bibl-mode as a stop gap measure.

> I hesitate to reinvent this particular wheel. Is there a library I
> can just include?

Maybe part of Gnus? Take a look at mailcap.el. Desclaimer: I am not a
programmer.

> See emacs-wiki-index-title-threshold. Michal Maruska's idea: include
> #title in the wiki index. =)

Ah thanks, didn't know that existed.

Thank you for all your help, Sacha.

Regards,