[emacs-wiki-discuss] Remembering relative paths?

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Remembering relative paths?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:30:25 -0400

Hi all-

I've been using remember and remember-planner quite a bit lately, and I love their functionality. If I remember a LaTeX document that I'm working on, it is linked to, for instance, [[/home/alan/docs/teaching/syllabus.tex]], which works great unless I sync my document tree to, say, a windows machine where my main documents tree "docs" lives in a different location. I wonder if it's possible to remember using a path relative to my $HOME directory? That way, if my base docs directory ends up somewhere wonky, like "c:\my documents\user\" all my remembered links will still work for me. Is there any easy way to do this? (Or would it cause other problems that I'm not aware of?)

Cheers-
-Alan