[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bizarre planner behavior

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bizarre planner behavior
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:09:53 +0800

address@hidden writes:

>  #A1  _ Get new systems into FAI config        {{Tasks:113}} (2004.05.26)
>  #A2  _ Printers                               {{Tasks:117}} ([[Printers]])
>  #A0  _ New Users {{Tasks:119}} (2004.05.26)

That's odd. Why do you have mixed dates and plan page references on
the same page? Usually, all links from a date page point to plan
pages, and all links from a plan page point to a date page.

When you create a task from a buffer, it prompts you for a date and a
plan page. It looks like the date prompt's getting skipped and you're
entering dates into the plan page prompt, which is why they're getting
linked like that...

What should the correct behavior be when someone enters a date-like
name into the "Plan page" prompt? I guess I could use it instead of
the date entered during the "Date" prompt. Does this sound reasonable?

Could you try deleting the tasks and creating them with M-x
planner-create-task-from-buffer like so?

M-x planner-create-task-from-buffer RET Get new systems into FAI config RET
2004.05.26 RET RET
(or nil RET if you don't want any plan page)
M-x planner-create-task-from-buffer RET Printers RET RET Printers RET
M-x planner-create-task-from-buffer RET New Users RET RET nil RET

planner-create-task-hook really should just affect the current line.
Is planner-id-add-task-id-to-all anywhere in one of your hooks?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun