[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bizarre planner behavior

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bizarre planner behavior
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 00:29:40 +0800

address@hidden writes:

Ummmmm. What versions of planner and emacs-wiki are you using?
nil should work in stable.

> I'm going to guess because it's because I entered [[Printers]] as
> the 'default page' for that task. That doesn't bother me so much as
> the double Tasks entry getting inserted.

I know. I find it odd that IDs are added again.

>  - A date you wish to enter for when the task should be scheduled -
>  A plan page which may also have notes or sub/dependant tasks
>  related to that task.
> Often times, I'll schedule a task which doesn't have a plan page,
> and all notes for the task, if any, will be in that current day
> page. Or, perhaps, I want the task linked to a previous day page
> which has related information in it. Perhaps I'm mis-using planner
> :)

Okay, you mostly have it, although we don't use plan pages for that.
If your notes are on a day page, you shouldn't put the day page in the
plan page link. You can make the link in the task description,
though...

The plan page links are there so that if you want to associate a task
with a project, you can link it to the project and the task will show
up in both pages. When a task gets procrastinated, it will be updated
on both pages. _Strange_ things happen when the linked page is also a
date page.

> Hmmm, using 'nil RET' resulted in a [[nil]] page. Is that correct
> behavior?

Hmm. Only for old versions of planner. This probably includes
planner--stable. Do you want nil to work?

> So, it's not doing what it was doing when I sent this in, so perhaps
> either I was doing something wrong, or, I tla updated since then and
> it got fixed :)

You're probably on stable, then. I haven't changed anything, so you're
just lucky. ;)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun