[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Thanks for planner-mode + quick questions.

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Thanks for planner-mode + quick questions.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:43:04 +0800

Hiya, Xian!

Xian <address@hidden> writes:

> First off, many thanks to you for your work on planner-mode. I tried
> it a year ago but didn't end up sticking with it. For a number of
> reasons ranging from a few minor annoyances with it to personal use
> pattern issues. I really fell in love with the idea though so a

I'd love to help find ways to make planner fit your personal use
patterns. =)

> couple of weeks ago I set up self up with the dev version and it has
> been incredibly helpful. The create-task-from-buffer function is
> grossly useful. Combine that with OSX's 'open' set as my browse-url
> handler and an AppleScript that copies any file's location as a

Absolutely. Could you share your AppleScript with us? I'm not lucky
enough to be on OS X, but I've wanted something like that in Linux
(hyperlinks from anywhere) for the longest time. =) I use Emacs for
almost everything, but it would be nice to be able to grab the
information from anywhere else.

> I've also written a python script that parses .timelog data and
> pretty prints it by sorted by ProjectName: with subtotals for each
> task and totals for each project. A necessary bit for a free-lancer.
> I'll release the script once it's a bit more complete and I work out
> a planner-module to put daily output on each daily planner page.

Sure, that would be wonderful! Come to think of it, I should start
using timeclock more often...

> 1. Planner pages that are created do not show up as blue in any
> references to them made in that session. Nor do they show up as auto

Newly-created planner pages need to be saved first. I refresh all
the pages when a newly-created page is saved, so things _should_ show
up as blue after. The list might also get updated.

> 2. Shift-tabbing doesn't go backwards through links. It just moves
>    forward. Any thoughts?

Odd. Works here. Can you make sure that TAB and SHIFT-TAB are
distinguished by your Emacs? Is there anyone else on Mac OS X who uses
planner and can reproduce/track down this bug?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun