Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Thanks for planner-mode + quick questions.

From: Ray Fix
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Thanks for planner-mode + quick questions.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:33:47 -0400

On Jun 14, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Sacha Chua wrote

Odd. Works here. Can you make sure that TAB and SHIFT-TAB are
distinguished by your Emacs? Is there anyone else on Mac OS X who uses
planner and can reproduce/track down this bug?

I run MacOS X with a carbonized version of GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (2003-10-25) so I gave it a try. [And you thought your Emacs was old? ;-) ]

Anyway, I can reproduce the problem. If I do C-h k S-tab I get the following info:

<tab> (translated from <S-tab>) runs the command emacs-wiki-next-reference

I looked at the value of keyboard-translate-table which I found using apropos, but this was set to nil. Also, key-translation-map is set to nil. I tried setting enable-character-translation to nil. (It was t.) This seemed to have no effect though. I don't know how to get rid of this translation.

Ray