[emacs-wiki-discuss] sorting dated tasks first

From: Maciej Kalisiak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] sorting dated tasks first
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:34:42 -0400

I managed to sort out (no pun intended) the sorting in project pages to be the
way I want it, and I'm actually embarassed to have sought help considering how
easy it has been to change the sorting behaviour.  I don't venture much into
elisp, so I was expecting this to be harder.  For posterity, and other
elisp-phobic individuals, here is the trivial patch:

*** planner.el.orig     Tue Jul 13 15:19:42 2004
--- planner.el  Tue Jul 13 15:20:24 2004
***************
*** 1723,1727 ****
                                           (buffer-substring (point)
                                                             (+ 10 (point)))
!                                        "")))))
                           nil))) ; sort-fields
      ;; Fix numbering after completed tasks are moved to the bottom.
--- 1723,1727 ----
                                           (buffer-substring (point)
                                                             (+ 10 (point)))
!                                        "9999.99.99")))))
                           nil))) ; sort-fields
      ;; Fix numbering after completed tasks are moved to the bottom.

Everyone feel free to point out to me if this will ever fail to work as
expected.

--
Maciej Kalisiak       mac "at" dgp.toronto.edu       www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac