[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:07:26 +0900

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <address@hidden> writes:

> At the moment I can't think of much things that would improve this tool
> - ok, may be one thing:  Wouldn't it be nice if one would be able to
> move an appointment from here to there?

I've taken to keeping track of my appointments as tasks. It's easier
for me to create a task from a buffer than it is to open my diary file
and add an entry. I can also mark them in progress.

I don't use e-mail reminders because I read my pages in advance, but
it should be easy to hack up something that extracts specially-tagged
tasks from the next few days and transforms them into a sorted list of
reminders.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed