Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner

From: Lars Chr. Hausmann
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:27:47 +0100

>>>>> "Jody" == Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

 Jody> Hi Lars,

Hey jody,

 Jody> "Lars Chr. Hausmann" <address@hidden> writes:
 Jody> There is no rescheduling.  But I prefer to keep tasks and
 Jody> appointments separate, so this works well for me.

 >> Ditto. I do, on the other hand, not want to open the diary file, to
 >> edit/reschedule a task either. So I am pondering about writing a
 >> function to do that. i.e. find the entry in the diary file, replace
 >> it with something new, save, and reload. I think that would be
 >> optimal for me.

 Jody> Without thinking about it too much, it seems somewhat difficult
 Jody> to do a reverse search on fancy-displayed diary entries.  But
 Jody> there could be a diary-id inserted if planner-diary-add-entry
 Jody> is used to originally create the diary entry, which would
 Jody> simplify life quite a bit.  Something modeled off
 Jody> planner-id.el?

Well you got most of the string, you got the date, and if it's
inserted by a function, i guess you have all of the information, that
is needed. It would, as you say, of cause be even easier having a
diary-id - i think the much of what planner-id.el already does can
just be moved over.

I'm still just walking around just pondering it, but I dont think, it
will be too difficult :-)

/LCH
--
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill
milk and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'