[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: CamelCase with non US-ASCII chars.

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: CamelCase with non US-ASCII chars.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:22:16 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> Normally, Emacs should already contain correct settings for these
> character classes, i.e. you should just be able to rely on them
> given the current locale in Emacs, and these values should not be
> your worry.  (From that viewpoint, those variables are a layer too
> many.)

This only applies to Emacs from CVS.  Both XEmacs and Emacs21 do *not*
support these character classes.

> Practically however, it may be wise to keep the variables to catch
> incomplete settings in Emacs (perhaps you could extend the
> documentation of these variables/constants to make that clear).

Yes, I should definitely update the documentation with respect to
this.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug