Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Complexity of computing w/ Emacs

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Complexity of computing w/ Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:32:29 +1000

Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:
> To be an interaction designer you have to evaluate an approach on behalf of
> everyone; As an emacs user you simply have to evaluate it for you.

That's what they *say*, but they really only care about new users.  Try
convincing them to add programmability... >gnash teeth<

> ECB is a good example - I liked the idea of it and some people love it,
> but it just slowed me down and hung on remote file editing half the time
> (I debugged a little but ran out of time), so I don't personally use it.
> It's a really good package though - check it out if you edit a lot of
> local code.

I like how ECB handles "transient" buffers -- always putting them in a small
window at the bottom.  I don't suppose anyone knows of a package that *just*
does that?  ECB (or rather, CEDET) tends to cause stack overflow too frequently
for my taste.

--
Trent Buck, Student Errant