[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Complexity of computing w/ Emacs

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Complexity of computing w/ Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:19:57 +0800

Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:

> I meant achieving *maximum effectiveness* - I'm already a long way
> past what I could achieve with other tools - yet I learn new useful
> stuff to speed me up every week.

What's maximum effectiveness? Hmm. I guess we're looking at the
following points:

- when Emacs becomes as useful as the other editors we use for most of
  the things we do

- when we'd rather spend time looking up ways to do what we used to do
  in other editors instead of switching

- when we can't imagine using anything else for most of your work
  because we just can't see how all of our nifty hacks will translate

Emacs totally rocks. I've been... err... frowned at in local
Linux-related lists because of my tendency to rhapsodize about
Emacs and Planner... ^_^

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed