[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:29:45 +0200

Michael Olson writes:

> Sounds interesting!  Can you point me to some documentation concerning
> the form that the XML should have?

  Yes, (info "(muse)") and (info "(planner-el)") :-p.

  Really, *you* define what the XML looks like.  You define its
structure, like:

    <page name="2005.07.10" kind="day">
      <tasks>
        <task severity="A" refs="Muse XSLT">Add XSLT support and
          XML output to Muse</task>
        <task ...>...</task>
      </task>
      <schedule>
      </schedule>
      <notes>
        <para>...</para>
      </notes>
      <ledger>
        <entry>...</entry>
      </ledger>
    </page>

  The XSLT script can turn this in XHTML, for example, or
DocBook.  Note I didn't include the calendar in the page, but you
can do it directly in the XML output from Planner.  Or better,
create only one calendar for each month.  If you want to include
calendars in your Day Pages, you do it in XSLT scripts.  Or in
PHP, or by the web server (SHTML).

  Well, you create an other view closely related to the raw Muse
file.  Not very exceptional.  But you make users able to use XSLT
if they know it.  And for generating XHTML, for example, it's
really powerfull, IMHO.

--drkm