[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi

From: John S J Anderson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:15:23 -0400

John S J Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

>   (This may not rise to the level of full-fledged "bug", but it cost me
>   about 30 minutes of applying head to desk to figure out, and I it
>   doesn't make any sense to me why it's set up like this, so I figured
>   I'd gritch about it and see what happened.)

  And lest I sound like only an ungrateful gritcher, let me say that the
  reason I was poking around trying to get planner-diary to work was
  because the first of the month seemed like a good time to archive my
  'plans' directory and start anew, and that seemed like a good time to
  upgrade planner, and _that_ seemed like a good time to take a good
  solid look at planner and see what I wasn't using that I could be.

  And so in addition to the maybe-bug situation with planner-diary-file,
  today I also started using the giant econo-sized tub of wonderful that
  is planner-multi. And, oh, what an awesome tub of wonderful it
  is. Anybody else out there that is sitting in the "nope, not touching
  it, everything works, not gonna upgrade because something might break
  and my whole damn life is in there!"  boat (which is where I was until
  today) -- jump out of the boat, risk the breakage, planner-multi is
  worth it.

  Thanks to everybody who works on Planner!

cheers,
john.
--
"Good work is always done in defiance of management."
  - R. Woodward