[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: muse-split.el

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: muse-split.el
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:27:37 -0000

Michael Olson wrote:
> "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've written file over the last day or so. Essentially, it enables
>> muse to publish to more than one output file. The basic reason that I
>> wanted this is to auto split a journal into months. I've included
>> the styles for this as well.
>>
>> It's not quite finished yet -- it will potentially break anchors.
>> But, at least in my hands, it works.
>>
>> Would there be any interest in incorporating this into muse? If so,
>> I'll finish it off.
>
> I am *very* interested in having this in Muse, especially since it
> solves the journal-splitting problem, which is on my long-term task
> list.

Good. Blog splitting is what I wanted it for also.

> Would you be willing to assign copyright to the Free Software
> Foundation?  If so, I'd like to get you started with that process,
> since that's the only way I can include your code in future Muse
> releases.

Yes, sure. I've assigned copyright to FSF before. I wrote the lazy
desktop.el

It's worth mentioning that I've moved jobs since then, so I'll need to
get new forms signed. I mention this as a word of warning -- if you
want GPL then you are free to have it (it's already on the code!). If
you want FSF copyright, then again this is fine, but it's likely to
take some time.

The desktop code took me about 5 hours to write and about 3 months
to get copyright waiver from my employer!

Still, in the meantime, as I know you're happy to have this code, I'll
finish of the anchor support.

Cheers

Phil