[emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie question

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Newbie question
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:43:58 +0100

Hi all,

I have been rediscovering planner and remember and realizing this time
how wonderful they are.  Thanks to all that have put it all together
and kept it together.  I have not explored all the modules yet, such
as how I can make tasks/notes that take context within wanderlust
mails etc.

I do have one specific point that I noticed and was wondering if there
was a solution or hack for it.  I noticed that the article/essay
written by the creator of planner mentioned the franklin/covey
planning method.  By coincidence I happen to be reading the book, and
was wondering if there was anyway to add a priority column.

At the moment I am using the priority of a, b, or c to signal urgency,
and it would be nice to use a similar system in a second column to
indicate importance.  This would allow me to see how many non-urgent
but important tasks I am getting done, and how much of my time is
being spent in "crisis management" (important and urgent, and urgent
but unimportant tasks), the idea being to shift to be doing more of
the former and less of the latter.

Well, time for bed, thanks in advance for any help I receive, and once
again thanks for the great tool, it already gives me the flexibility
and power that I need, and I haven't even started on the modules.
Being able to make a note in w3m and have the url be automatically
recorded is SOOOO useful.

Rohan