[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Newbie question

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Newbie question
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:54:17 +0100

At Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:23:58 -0500,
Sacha Chua wrote:

> Rohan Nicholls <address@hidden> writes:
>
> You'll probably love planner-rank.el, which not only allows you to do
> importance/urgency but will even automatically calculate urgency for
> you based on the deadline. =)

That is great, thanks for the pointer I will check it out.  I still
have a lot of wanderlust, planner, and remember documentation to
read.  I assume the info docs are the best for this?

> > but important tasks I am getting done, and how much of my time is
> > being spent in "crisis management" (important and urgent, and urgent
> > but unimportant tasks), the idea being to shift to be doing more of
> > the former and less of the latter.
>
> As for crisis management tracking: I have a totally small-time
> schedule visualizer that works off tasks with times like @1000-1400
> and Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4 somewhere in the task description.
>
> If you can actually get this to work on your system, totally cool. =)
[snip]

Thanks for this, I will give it a closer look once I am more familiar
with the other things on my list.

Rohan