Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt-forthcoming-display not working

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt-forthcoming-display not working
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:12:55 +0000

> Here is a copy of one of my day pages.

> ,----
> | * Schedule
> |
> | @16:00 | 19:00 | Important meeting in room 106
> |
> | * Tasks
> |
> | #A _ Write note ([[TaskPool]])
> | #B _ Call Pr. Shi (Private)
> `----

That looks ok.

> Unfortunately the "important meeting" does not appear in the *Forthcoming
> Appointments* window (although the related day page is part of the 7-day
> period).

> I suspect this problem comes from the fit-window-to-buffer function
> which seems to be undefined in XEmacs.

I think I have fixed this by using a different function under
Xemacs.

But I can't see how that would fix the problem, as I understand it,
that you describe above. Are you saying that you get cyclic
appointment entries in the forthcoming appointments window and nothing
else when you do M-x planner-appt-forthcoming-display?

Does this work now, with the fit-window-to-buffer compatibility fix?

About this:

> I only get the appointments that are automatically inserted
> (into the day pages) from my cyclic diary (eventhough their start times
> does not begin with an `@' character...)

Can you give an example?  It appears to work as intended under Gnu
Emacs, i.e., that only *appointments* are displayed, so perhaps this is
another Xemacs compatibility problem.

This line from the cyclic diary appears in the forthcoming appts
window:

Wednesday @10:00 |     |  staff meeting

but it if I remove the @ it doesn't.

Regards,