[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt-forthcoming-display not working

From: René
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt-forthcoming-display not working
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:40:39 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Ottaway <j.ottaway <at> lse.ac.uk> writes:

> It appears to work for me.  Are these items in the schedule
> appointments? that is, does the start time begin with an ' <at> '
> character?  If not, they won't appear in the forthcoming appointment
> list.

Yes the start times of the appointments begin with an '@' character.

Here is a copy of one of my day pages.

,----
| * Schedule
|
| @16:00 | 19:00 | Important meeting in room 106
|
| * Tasks
|
| #A _ Write note ([[TaskPool]])
| #B _ Call Pr. Shi (Private)
`----

Unfortunately the "important meeting" does not appear in the *Forthcoming
Appointments* window (although the related day page is part of the 7-day
period).

I only get the appointments that are automatically inserted
(into the day pages) from my cyclic diary (eventhough their start times
does not begin with an `@' character...)

I suspect this problem comes from the fit-window-to-buffer function
which seems to be undefined in XEmacs.

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function fit-window-to-buffer)
|   (fit-window-to-buffer (get-buffer-window
planner-appt-forthcoming-display-buffer))
|   (lambda (&optional days) (interactive (list ...))........
|   call-interactively(planner-appt-forthcoming-display)
|   command-execute(planner-appt-forthcoming-display t)
|   execute-extended-command(nil)
|   call-interactively(execute-extended-command)
`----

Is there an simple fix for this problem.

--
René