[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:14:33 -0000

I'm a little confused by the multiple options available for
schedules and calendars.

I gave planners task support a go a the weekend, and it looks
very good. But the I got lost with the schedule stuff.

What I need is the ability to book time slots during the day,
cyclic tasks, and block tasks.

So I've been trying out combining schedule, diary and planner.
It looks like this should all work, but I am having problems.

Firstly, my diary cylic file tells me about selective display,
and suggests I remove it with "s" in Calendar. But this actually
takes me to the diary file, rather than diary.cyclic-tasks.

Secondly, I've never managed to get anything to appear in the *Diary*
section
of my day page.

Is this the right way to go about things? My experience with diary mode
in emacs has never been very positive, but I really do need block
and cyclic booking of times.

Can anyone advise? Am I trying to do things the right way?

Cheers

Phil