[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: René
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:31:22 +0000 (UTC)

Phillip Lord <Phillip.Lord <at> newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> I'm a little confused by the multiple options available for
> schedules and calendars.

Hi Phillip,

I aggree with you it seems there are so many alternatives for doing similar
things that it is not easy to decide which way to go.

Should one:

 - go for the Emacs' diary feature and make use of Planner-Diary in order to
store entries in the "* Diary" section?

 - just make use of one "* Schedule" section?

 - work with cal-desk-calendar?

 - or rather with planner-appt? with task-based or schedule-based appointments?

Besides, what are the pros and cons in using the regular Emacs' diary or
planner-cyclic?

Did anyone already write a set of guidelines about which way to go and why?  I
would very much like to have a look at it.

Before using Planner I relied on a regular diary.  Now I've switched to
planner-cyclic along with planner-appt in the "* Schedule" section, but I'm
still confused about whether I am missing features that would be available if I
were using regular diaries.

Cheers,

--
René