Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:07:47 -0800

Hi Phil,

I've got things half-working the way I want so I will share some
thoughts...

I'm using planner-appt to manage appointments.  I like this approach
because entering a task and entering an appointment are the same
hot-key --- I only have to remember one way of making a "reminder".

I have a '* Schedule' section and appointments are nicely collected
there (though they also appear in my task list).

Recently I have tried the planner-cyclic setup because I need to be
reminded about recurring appointments.  I think it is working.

"Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
> Firstly, my diary cylic file tells me about selective display,
> and suggests I remove it with "s" in Calendar. But this actually
> takes me to the diary file, rather than diary.cyclic-tasks.

Me too!  (the only way I could edit the file was using vi!)

I found M-x show-all-diary-entries (bound to C-c C-s), but it just
shows me the contents of ~/.diary not ~/.diary.cyclic-tasks.

I don't know whether it makes sense to have more than one diary file.
Seems to me that Emacs things there can only be one, but is happy to
put other files in the cryptic editing mode without giving you a way
to turn it off :-(

If you set the diary-file variable to your cyclic-tasks file, then C-c
C-s does display entries (yay!).

Anyhow, if you would like details on my config, let me know.

+ seth