emms-help

[emms-help] Re: New emms-volume-amixer-raise and emms-volume-mode

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: New emms-volume-amixer-raise and emms-volume-mode
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:20:40 -0500

"Ye Wenbin" <address@hidden> writes:

> I notice the emms-player-mpd also define a emms-volume-mpd
> command. If use this new lib, the
> emms-player-mpd-volume-change-amount, emms-volume-mpd-raise,
> emms-volume-mpd-lower can remove from emms-player-mpd.el. But I'm
> not familiar with mpd, and I don't know whether anyone really need
> emms-volume-mpd-raise/lower command. So I didn't make change.

Yes, we do need emms-volume-mpd-raise/lower.  If the MusicPD daemon is
on another computer, and the current computer is just a client, the
volume change should be propagated to the server, not done locally on
the client.

I don't view the emms-volume-mpd stuff as its own library, but as a
MusicPD-specific backend that works with emms-volume.el.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net