emms-help

[emms-help] Re: darcs patch: emms-player-mplayer.el (emms-player-mplayer

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: [emms-help] Re: darcs patch: emms-player-mplayer.el (emms-player-mplayer-subtitle-c...
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:59:36 +0200

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem you described was that `file-exists-p' throws an error
> in `emms-player-mplayer-subtitle-checker'. This is because it
> tries to open a file called http://www.archive.org/....sub - which
> will invoke tramp, leading to the error you describe. As the
> subtitle file should not include slashes (that makes it read like
> it's in a directory, which it shouldn't be, AFAIK), replacing the
> slashes with underscores should prevent both the invocation of
> tramp as well as the subdirectory confusion.

This change in the name of the subtitle file is deliberate.  I didn't
know about this policy choice.

>> In any case this didn't solve the problem I described.
>
> Interesting, it did for me. Does the backtrace show slashes in the
> subtitle files still? Could you attach another backtrace?

Yes, sure.

This can also be a tramp bug (or feature), so I should include my
Emacs and TRAMP versions:

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 23.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.12.0) of 2007-10-09 on onosendai

TRAMP version: 2.1.11-pre

Non puo' esservi vera conoscenza laddove non si puo' applicare nessuna
delle scienze matematiche.
                -- Leonardo da Vinci