epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] Compilation failing after install

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] Compilation failing after install
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 01:02:39 -0600

"Ben Tillman" <address@hidden> writes:
> Oops, I'm sorry. I was honestly thinking that the compiler output should have
> been the eepic file itself, so I -o sphere.eepic.
>
> Ok, so this gives an executable file that, when run, should output the eepic
> file? I ran the executable, and see the code, but no eepic file
> appeared.

epix will run it and redirect the output into an eepic file, like you
did with the log.txt file.

> 1. Does the executable have any parameters I should be using?

I doubt it; it's only supposed to be a temporary file which epix uses to
create the eepic file.

It seems that all the pieces work separately, I wonder why epix gives
you an error.

> 2. Once I have the eepic file (I guess just the log.txt I have now), I can't
> see where in the manual it shows how to insert this file into my tex file
> without just pasting it in.

You can just put
\input{sphere.eepic}
in the tex file.
Or rather, I think eepic is a latex only thing.  If you use tex, you
might want to use elaps to make a postscript file, and use epsf (or
something) to include it.

> 3. Regarding the patch you just sent out, I'm not sure how to apply it. I
> presume this replaces the symbolic link code with the copy code you gave me
> before? If that works, does that allow me to revert back to "epix sphere.xp"
> to get my eepic file?

If symbolic linking works on cygwin, I don't see how it'd make a
difference.  But then, I don't know.  To apply the patch (on GNU/Linux,
at least), go to the directory containing epix (here, it is /usr/bin)
and then
patch < /path/to/patch/epix.patch

Jay