fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work

From: Jordi Funollet
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:05:57 +0200

address@hidden dixit:
> Yes, that's probably what's going on - but aren't I supposed to be
> presented with a password prompt, where I enter my sudo password (without
> the password being echoed)?

Just a workaround to see clearly that it's a password-related problem: avoid
sudo to ask your password. If you have root access, edit the '/etc/sudoers'
file (maybe with 'visudo') and add a line like this:

  odonian  ALL= NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/tail

The 'NOPASSWD:' modifier should do it.

--
### Jordi Funollet