fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work

From: odonian
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:38:54 -0400

I uninstalled my old paramiko libraries, then easy_install'ed the 1.7.2.  Still no juice with Jeff's 0.0.8 branch; my fab_host, fab_user, fab_port set() commands all seemed to be ignored, and I kept seeing the same crash as before.

Then, as I had to deploy some recent code and needed fab working again, I re-installed 0.0.9 using easy_install...and amazingly, it now works: my remote sudo commands work just fine.  I double-checked that I'm using 0.0.9.  Nothing changed in my fabfile.

So it seems that yes, there is some dependency on paramiko 1.7.x with sudo commands...